|Wish You Were Here|
|Season 2, Episode 34|
|Air date||September 2, 1998|
|Written by||Claudia Silver|
Lindsey Aikens (Script Supervisor)
Andy Yerkes (Producer)
Richard A. Fernandes (Produced by)
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman (and Created by and Executive Producer)|
Dean Gordon (Associate Director)
Richie Wirth (Technical Director)
Peter Hefter (Audio Engineer)
Jim Washburn (Utility)
|It's Sports-Tastic!||And to All a Good Night|
Wish You Were Here is the 34th episode of Season 2, 74th episode overall.
Plot[edit | edit source]
When Grandma Flutter takes the children of The Big Blue House out to a square dance, Bear plans a day of busy activities. Instead, he finds himself missing their company. He recalls events from the past and thinks about what they might be doing while they're away. In the Shadow Segment, Shadow presents a song about a 49er to the tune of the folk song "My Darling Clementine". In the end of her song, she asks him if everything is all right, and he tells her about how the others went off square-dancing. Eventually, the others return, brimming with excitement about their trip and ready to share it with Bear, but expressing the feeling that they wish he had come with them.
Songs (more like flashbacks)[edit | edit source]
- Go to Bed, Sleepy Head (flashback, Songs by Peter Lurye & Mitchell Kriegman)
- Dear Grandma (flashback, Songs by Brian Woodbury & Peter Lurye)
- Otter Love (flashback, also briefly performed solo by Bear, Songs by Tyler Bunch and Tony Fennell, Score by Peter Lurye)
- Where Oh Where Oh Where Is Shadow? (Songs by Tyler Bunch)
- Oh My Darling Clementine (Sung by Shadow)
- The Goodbye Song (Songs by Peter Lurye)
Shadow's Appearance[edit | edit source]
Downstairs Hallway with the Guy and Horse on a Yellow Rooftop Portrait
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A large portion of this episode consists of flashback to previous episodes: "The Big Sleep", "What's in the Mail, Today?" and "Love is All You Need".
- The first flashback shows a snow bear sitting on a bed's lap. The second flashback shows him licking envelopes in the kitchen. The final, but not least flashback is the 25th episode I had ever seen.