|The Great Bandini|
|Season 4, Episode 11|
|Air date||November 13, 2001|
|Written by||Claudia Silver (and Co-Producer)|
Lindsey Aikens and Chris Hoey (Script Supervisors)
Andy Yerkes (Producer)
Richard A. Fernandes and Erica Levin (and Supervising Editor and Post Production Supervisor) (Produced by)
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman (and Created by and Executive Producer)|
Dean Gordon (Associate Director)
Tom Guadarrama (Technical Director)
Peter Hefter (Audio Engineer)
Pat Minietta (Camera Operator)
Jim Washburn (Utility)
|At the Old Bear Game||Thankful in Woodland Valley|
The Great Bandini is the 11th episode of the 4th season, 131st episode overall.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Bear and his friends from The Big Blue House are on their way to attend a performance of the famous musician, the Great Bandini. All of them are in awe of the Bandini's skill and on their way, they meet somebody headed to the concert --- Edwina Badger. Edwina Badger The Great Bandini helps them all to see the musical talents that they also possess. They learn that there are all sorts of ways to make music and that the voice can be a powerful instrument. In the Shadow Segment, Shadow's Song of the main idea is called Jazz.
Songs[edit | edit source]
- Otter Love (Songs by Tyler Bunch and Tony Fennell)
- Pig in the Poke Polka (sung by Doc Hogg)
- The Grandma Mambo (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye)
- Music All Around (Songs Music and Lyrics by Michael Webster and Brian Woodbury, Music Score by Julian Harris)
- Jazz (Sung by Shadow)
- The Goodbye Song (Friends Version) (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye)
Bear's Sense of Smell[edit | edit source]
A Piece of Toast for Breakfast
Credits[edit | edit source]
Shadow's Appearance[edit | edit source]
Downstairs Hallway with Guy and his Horse on Yellow Rooftop Portrait
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Whoopi Goldberg guest-stars as Edwina Badger The Great Bandini in this episode.
- At one point while on their way to the library, Bear and the gang stop by a signpost. The signpost has arrows labeled with the following: Shah Shalla (left), Brigadoon (right), Camelot (left), Library (right), Woodland Valley (right), Shangra La (right), Xanadu (left), Sequoia City (right), Never Never Land (left).
- This episode features two songs heard in previous episodes: "Otter Love" and "The Grandma Mambo." Two versions of "Music All Around" are heard, although the second is essentially just a shorter version of the first. Doc Hogg also sings a bit of "Pig in the Poke Polka" with the accordion.
- Bear sings in the key of C Sharp...again.
- Lindsey Aikens joins Chris Hoey as Script Supervisors. Richard A. Fernandes joins Erica Levin as Producers.
- Bear has his Season 2 fur for The Goodbye Song.
- Ojo, Tutter, Treelo, Pip and Pop sing The Goodbye Song together along with Bear and Luna in the balcony for the 2nd time.
- Audio is from The Tutter Family Reunion and Go To Sleep are both reused.