|The Big Sleep|
|Season 1, Episode 29|
|Air date||September 25, 1997|
|Written by||Mitchell Kriegman, P. Kevin Strader, Andy Yerkes, Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio (and Co-Producers)|
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman (and Story by and Created by / Executive Producer), Emily Squires, Hugh Martin, Eric Darnell (and Written by), Andrew Stanton (and Story by), Andrew Adamson (and Story by), Kelly Asbury, Conrad Vernon, Lee Unkrich, David Silverman, Pete Docter, Conrad Vernon, Vicky Vernon and Simon J. Smith|
Dean Gordon (Associate Directors)
Pat Minietta Larry Solomon (Assistant Directors)
Anne Louise Wallace Ric E. Anderson (Stage Managers)
|The Ojolympics||You Learn Something New Every Day|
The Big Sleep is the 29th episode of Season 1, 29th episode overall.
Plot[edit | edit source]
It's nighttime here in The Big Blue House and Bear is all set to sit on his swing and read a good book. Then, Ojo shows up --- it turns out that there's a sleepover scheduled tonight that Bear completely forgot about. Before he knows it, Tutter, Ojo, Treelo, Pip and Pop are all there and ready for the big sleepover, despite his protests that they're not ready. He tries to settle back down to his book, but there's a lot to do during a sleepover. He prepares the kids a snack, reads them a story and supervises as they all brush their teeth. Finally, everyone is ready to go to bed, after some final, special good-night touches. Ojo has difficulty getting to sleep, but eventually dozes, only to be awakened by a bad dream. Bear soothes her back to sleep and then finds Shadow. In the Shadow Segment, Shadow sings her special version of the lullaby "Hush Little Baby" while trying not to disturb the sleeping characters.
Songs[edit | edit source]
- Under Your Blanket (Music and Lyrics by Brian Woodbury)
- Brush Brush Bree (Music and Lyrics by Brian Woodbury)
- Go to Bed, Sleepy Head (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye and Mitchell Kriegman) (Supervising Music Producers and Music Score by Peter Lurye Rob Curto and Julian Harris)
- Where Oh Where Oh Where Is Shadow? (Music and Lyrics by Tyler Bunch)
- Hush Little Baby (Sung by Shadow) (Music and Lyrics by Tyler Bunch and Peter Lurye)
- The Goodbye Song (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye)
- At the beginning, Bear realized it smelled like pajamas while looking at a giant garbage bag.
Shadow's Appearance[edit | edit source]
- Shadow's camouflage gender is red. The portrait of the guy and the horse hanging on a yellow rooftop hanging on the wall is removed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The title of the episode is a reference to Raymond Chandler's 1939 novel The Big Sleep. In the novel, the phrase refers to death, not sleep itself.
- Tutter holds a sleepover of his own in the fifth season episode "Tutter's First Big Sleepover Bash".
Goofs[edit | edit source]
- When Ojo shouts about having a party, her arm is moving to the bottom.
- When Bear stands by a wall, the picture of a guy and a horse riding on a yellow rooftop on the wall is removed.
Production Code[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
Outtakes[edit | edit source]
Video Releases[edit | edit source]
- Bedtime With Bear
- Sleepy Time With Bear & Friends