|The Big Blue Housecall|
|Season 1, Episode 37|
|Air date||October 14, 1997|
|Written by|| Chris Moore|
Lindsey Aikens (Script Supervisor)
P. Kevin Strader and Andy Yerkes (Co-Producers)
|Directed by|| Mitchell Kriegman (and Created by and Executive Producer)|
Dean Gordon (Associate Director)
Peter Hefter and Victor Smith (Technical Team)
|A Plant Grows in Bear's House||Need a Little Help Today|
Doc Hogg pays a special visit to The Big Blue House to give everyone a checkup. Before he arrives, Pip and Pop dress up as Doctors and pretend to give a checkup to Treelo. Bear tells the viewers all about Doc Hogg and what Doctors do. Later, Doc Hogg gives everyone their checkup, but Ojo seems to have disappeared. Bear finds her hiding with Snow Bear --- it turns out that she's scared of getting a shot. Bear helps her out by teaching her a special song that Doc Hogg once taught him. Later, Tutter asked Doc Hogg about the sound in his chest and he wants to know what is was. So Doc Hogg checked it out by using his stethoscope and Tutter the little mouse was leaning on the doctor's hand. And Doc Hogg said that sound was Tutter’s heart.
- Old Doc Hogg (Music and Lyrics by Steve Charney)
- Everybody Say Ah (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye and Brian Woodbury)
- Just Say Ow (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye and Mitchell Kriegman) (Music Score by Peter Lurye and Mark Sayer-Wade)
- The Girl from Ipanema
- Psycho (The Murder)
- Beyond the Sea (Performed by Robbie Williams)
- The Goodbye Song (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye)
Bear's Sense of SmellEdit
- This episode was adapted in book form under the same name.
- There is no Shadow Segment in this episode.
- The dog in the Shadow Projects logo in the closing credits laughs like Doc Hogg.
- During the end, Richie Wirth is credited as Richi Wirth.
- Doc Hogg listened to Tutter's chest 2 times in this episode.
Production Code Edit
216 (season 2, episode 16)
- A cartoon picture of a bag is shown. The font is spelled in 7 yellow letters.