|Read My Book|
|Season 3, Episode 5|
|Air date||September 10, 1999|
|Written by|| Andy Yerkes (and Producer)|
Lindsey Aikens (Script Supervisor)
|Directed by|| Richard A. Fernandes (and Produced by)|
Dean Gordon (Associate Director)
Richie Wirth (Technical Director)
Tom Guadarrama (Video Operator)
Jim Washburn (Utility)
|Back to Water||Eating Utensils|
Bear is holding his weekly book club. He's excited that the mail has come because he ordered a new book and sure enough, there's a package waiting for him. However, when he opens the package, he finds that the book is called 1001 Ways to Cook Slop. This definitely isn't the book he ordered. A quick phone call to Jeremiah Tortoise reveals the mixup --- Bear must have received Doc Hogg's cookbook by mistake, while Doc Hogg got the book intended for Bear. He says that he'll get the problem taken care of as fast as he can. This leaves Bear with a bit of a dilemma, as he still needs a book to read for his club, but it could take a while for Jeremiah to bring the right book. Bear decides to search the Big Blue House for another book to read. As he goes about his search, he finds that everybody in the Big Blue House has ideas on books that he could read. In the Shadow segment, Shadow tells a story about why books are for everyone when characters can read books for many episodes.
- Just Reading a Book (Songs by Steve Charney)
- Where Oh Where Oh Where Is Shadow? (Songs by Tyler Bunch)
- Read a Book (Told by Shadow)
- The Goodbye Song (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye)
Columbia TriStar and Disney DVD Release Edit
Shadow's Appearance Edit
Downstairs Hallway with the Guy and a Horse Hanging on Yellow Rooftop Portrait
- The book that Bear finds in the kitchen are titled "The Brothers Bearmazov" and "Jane Bear".
- Bear mentions that he was a little cub, he read a book called "Buck Antler: Deer in Space". This is a reference to Buck Rogers.
- Earl makes an appearance in the book "Mousey the Great".
Authorization Names Edit
- Ursula K. la Bear
- Alfred Lord Tutterson
Today's Book Edit
- The book that Bear gets is called "The Big Blue Book of Stories and Rhymes".
Production Code Edit
322 (season 3, episode 22, 102nd episode overall)