|Season 1, Episode 24|
|Air date||September 18, 1997|
|Written by||Mitchell Kriegman (and Created by) P. Kevin Strader Andy Yerkes (and Co-Producer)|
Richard A. Fernandes (Produced by)
|Directed by||Hugh Martin and Mitchell Kriegman (and Executive Producer)|
Rob Hall, Marybeth Benivegna and Jim Snarski (Editors)
Lisa Binassarie Ilene Merenstein, Michael Orloff Lesley Stewart and Freddie Hernandez (Post Production Team)
Katya O'Hagan Terrence Reid, Jim Calcaterra Jason Bliss, Susan Kopensky Hope Allen, Chad Cruikshank Jason Arambulo (Production Staff)
|Morning Glory||Summer Cooler|
Listen Up! is the 24th episode of the first season, 24th episode overall.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Bear receives a package in the mail containing a tape of soothing sounds. He's eager to sit down and listen to them, but Ojo is worried that the tape would disturb the game of "camping in the woods" she's playing. When she learns its soothing sounds, she's eager to hear them, but then Treelo shows up ans starts making noise of his own. At first, Ojo is abused, but then Bear helps Treelo with making some Sounds that won't bother Ojo. All of this gives Ojo a great idea for a real camping trip. Meanwhile, Tutter is busy dancing, but doesn't want any part of the camping trip when he hears about it. Though, Pip and Pop are interested, after Bear tells them about it on their plastic cup telephone.
Songs[edit | edit source]
- Listen Up!
- We're Camping Camping
- The Goodbye Song
- Music Score by
- Julian Harris
- Rob Curto
- Peter Lurye
Production Code[edit | edit source]
125 (s01e25, original s01e24)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ojo, Tutter, Treelo, Pip and Pop sing The Goodbye Song together along with Bear and Luna during a camp out.
- In this episode, the dog in the Shadow Projects logo hoots like an owl in the closing credits.
- Luna takes place in The Otter Pond instead of standing by the balcony.
- At the end, Tutter interrupts Bear's stinger discussion while talking about sounds.
- There are No real kids segment or Shadow segment in the episode.
- This is the next episode that has All Creator, Executive Producer, Director, and Writer Mitchell Kriegman.
- The credits in this episode are so fast when they are not scrolled. When they are scrolled, it shows just a few people that made the episode because the credits are a little shorter than usual - just Peter Lurye the Supervising Music Producer, the Editors, the Post Production Team, the Production Staff, Songs and Models.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- Pip on Pop refer to Bear as "Smokey". This is a reference to Smokey Bear of the United States Forest Service, who encourages people to remember that "only YOU can prevent forest fires" and more recently "only YOU can prevent wildfires".
- This is the 6th time a main character interrupts Bear's sign off.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Other Languages[edit | edit source]
Columbia TriStar VHS Release[edit | edit source]
- Let's All Dance! Volume 3 VHS
Disney DVD Releases[edit | edit source]
- Dancing, Music and Bells Volume 3 DVD
- Shapes, Sounds and Colors with Bear
- Shapes, Sounds and Colors with Bear (Australian DVD)
- Dancing, Music and Bells (2004 DVD)
- Shapes, Sounds and Colors with Bear 2004 DVD
- Shapes, Sounds and Colors with Bear (Australian DVD 2004)
- Dancing, Music and Bells (Australian DVD)
- Dancing, Music and Bells (Australian DVD 2004)