|I Gotta Be Me!|
|Season 2, Episode 23|
|Air date||June 23, 1998|
|Written by||Mitchell Kriegman (and Created by)|
Lindsey Aikens (Script Supervisor)
Andy Yerkes (Producer)
Richard A. Fernandes (Produced by)
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman (and Executive Producer)|
Dean Gordon (Associate Director)
Jim Washburn (Utility)
|Afraid Not||I Was Just Thinking|
I Gotta Be Me! is the 23rd episode of Season 2, 63rd episode overall.
Plot[edit | edit source]
One day in The Big Blue House, Bear finds himself trying on new clothes, hoping to come up with a new look. The children of The Big Blue House also try out new looks and learn new things around the world. In the end, everyone decides that it's best to be yourself. In the Shadow Segment, Shadow's nursery rhyme is called "Little Jack Horner".
Songs[edit | edit source]
- Thumbs Up! (Songs by Tony Fennell and Mitchell Kriegman)
- That's My Name (Songs by David Yazbek and Peter Lurye, score by Julian Harris and Peter Lurye)
- Where Oh Where Oh Where Is Shadow? (Songs by Tyler Bunch)
- Little Jack Horner (Sung by Shadow)
- The Goodbye Song (Songs by Peter Lurye)
Bear's Sense of Smell[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
Disney Junior DVD Releases[edit | edit source]
Production Code[edit | edit source]
233 (season 2, episode 33, 59th episode overall)
Episode Link at Archive.org[edit | edit source]
24 minutes 
Shadow's Appearance[edit | edit source]
Shadow's camouflage gender is red. There is a portrait of a guy and a horse hanging on a yellow rooftop sitting above it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bear dons a grayish sweater and tells us that "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood", an obvious reference to Mister Rogers from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. Some music plays that sounds reminiscent of the theme of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood and he suggests that maybe he should get a pair of sneakers.