|Change is in the Air|
|Season 2, Episode 4|
|Air date||November 27, 1997|
|Written by|| P. Kevin Strader (and Co-Producer)|
Andy Yerkes (Co-Producer)
|Directed by||Dean Gordon|
|Look What I Made||The Senseless Detectives|
Bear has been planning on a visit from Doc Hogg, but finds his plans disrupted when a spate of colds at the swamp forces Doc Hogg to change his plans. Later, Doc Hogg calls up to say that Doc Owl took care of the problem so he can come over, only to call again because he missed his bus. Meanwhile, the kids of The Big Blue House find themselves dealing with change as well. Tutter and Treelo explore the idea of eating cheese in the form of a ball instead of wedges or slices. Pip and Pop try to find a new game once they get bored with their old one. Ojo finds that she adjust to adjust her favorite cap, because she's growing. In the Shadow segment, Shadow's story is called "North Wind the Blow". In her version, a robin wanted to stay in the barn to keep himself warm. But then he found out he wanted to go ice skating.
- Everything Changes and Everyone Changes (Both Music and Lyrics by Brian Woodbury, Music Score by Julian Harris, Rob Curto and Peter Lurye)
- Where Oh Where Oh Where Is Shadow? (Music and Lyrics by Tyler Bunch)
- North Wind the Blow (Sung by Shadow) (Music and Lyrics by Tyler Bunch and Peter Lurye)
- The Goodbye Song (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye)
Bear's Sense of Smell Edit
- At the beginning, he said it smelled like Crayons.
This is the 9th time a main character becomes part of Bear's signoff at the end of episodes: Mouse Party, What's in the Mail, Today?, All Connected, Eat, Drink Juice & Be Merry, The Big Little Visitor, Listen Up!, Clear as a Bell and Look What I Made.
Shadow's Appearance EditDownstairs Hallway with Portrait of Guy and Horse on the Yellow Rooftop
DVD Release Edit
Production Code Edit
221 (season 2, episode 21, 47th episode overall)