|Call It A Day|
|Season 2, Episode 36|
|Air date||September 16, 1998|
|Written by||Lindsey Aikens (and Script Supervisor)|
Mitchell Kriegman (and Created by)
P. Kevin Strader (and Co-Producer)
Andy Yerkes (and Producer)
Richard A. Fernandes (Produced by)
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman (and Executive Producer)|
Stacey Adams (Associate Producer)
Erica Levin (Supervising Editor and Post Production Supervisor)
Dean Gordon (Associate Director)
Jim Calcaterra (Production Coordinator and Assistant to Producer)
Dan Stewart and Richie Wirth (Technical Directors)
Peter Hefter and Victor Smith (Audio Engineers)
Mike McCormick (Utility)
Tom Guadarrama and Brooke Haznedar (Video Operators)
|And To All A Good Night||We Did It Our Way|
Call It a Day is the 36th episode of Season 2, 76th episode overall.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Bear and the kids have had a busy day and are now turning in for the night. Ojo, Tutter, Treelo, Pip and Pop are all sleeping over in the living room of The Big Blue House. He tells them a bedtime story about a dragon and some very brave knights just like them who helped it. Bear reflects on all of the great things that can happen in a day. In flashbacks, he and the viewers take a look back at some things that happened that day. He and the kids all had a lot of fun at The Otter Pond, splashing and playing ball. In fact, Pip and Pop had so much fun that they get out of bed to ask if they can go back down there right now, but Bear tells them it'll still be there tomorrow. Also Bear recalls that Tutter tried to eat a large amount of carrots and bran to get ready for a checkup with Doc Hogg. Bear helped him to see that he was already ready and when Tutter shows up full of energy, Bear gives him some warm milk to help him get to sleep. In the Shadow Segment, Shadow tells a story about A Day in the Life of a Dog. Also Bear recalls that Ojo pretended that Snow Bear was baby --- giving her a bath in the sink and feeding her mashed fruit. He gives Snow Bear a good night kiss, and Ojo one too.
Songs[edit | edit source]
- What's That Smell? (Songs by Steve Charney)
- At the Pond (Songs by David Yazbek, Score by Rob Curto, Chris Cunningham, Julian Harris and Peter Lurye)
- Everybody in the Tub (Solo by Bear, Songs by Brian Woodbury)
- Where Oh Where Oh Where Is Shadow? (Music and Lyrics by Tyler Bunch)
- A Day in the Life of a Dog (Read by Shadow)
- The Goodbye Song (Music and Lyrics by Peter Lurye)
Outtakes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The dog in the Shadow Projects logo says "whoop whoop" during the end credits.
- In Smellorama, this episode is similar. If you switch the scene to the foyer window, it is night time.
Lost scenery[edit | edit source]
Production Code[edit | edit source]
Bear's Sense of Smell[edit | edit source]
Theme[edit | edit source]
- The only theme is shown to be 3 yellow letters.