|Bats are People Too|
|Season 3, Episode 13|
|Air date|| November 9, 1999|
June 23, 1999 (reruns)
|Written by|| Claudia Silver|
Lindsey Aikens (Script Supervisor)
Andy Yerkes (Producer)
Mitchell Kriegman (Created by and Executive Producer)
P. Kevin Strader (Co-Producer)
|Directed by|| Jerry Hibbert|
Richard A. Fernandes (and Produced by)
Dean Gordon (Associate Director)
Richie Wirth (Technical Director)
Peter Hefter and Victor Smith (Audio Engineers)
Jim Washburn (Utility)
|Buying Math||What Experiment Does Bear Want to Try?|
As the viewer arrives, Bear decides to try something a little different --- he wants the viewer to sniff him! It turns out that Bear's idea may have been prophetic because some very different things are happening around the area of The Big Blue House. Pip and Pop were out playing by The Otter Pond when they found something they've never seen before --- something with wings hanging upside-down from a tree. Bear explains to them that it's a bat. He tries to tell them all about it, but they disappear in a flash. Bear returns to The Big Blue House, where Ojo and Tutter both express the same sentiment. They're scared of the bat and don't want to have anything to do with it. Things only get worse when they all sit down and talk about it. However, Bear meets the bat, whose name is Benny, and asks everyone else to meet it too. They reluctantly agree and find that not only is he not like what they expected --- Treelo is already his friend!
- We're All Different (Songs by Peter Lurye, Julian Harris and Mitchell Kriegman) (Score by Peter Lurye)
- Bat Dance (Songs by Robert & Deena Cole)
- The Goodbye Song (Songs by Peter Lurye)
- There is no Shadow and thinking Segment in this episode.
- The dog in the Shadow Projects logo says "Later!" in Tutter's voice in the closing credits.
- In this theme, the 3rd letter in "Different" shows a green F in Times New Roman.
- When Benny opens his wings, Pip and Pop began screaming, and Benny flies away in terror.
- Stock footage "Dance Fever!" is shown.